omegaGo is a client for the board game Go.
Go is an ancient board game that has stood the test of time. It is enjoyed by players of all ages and from all walks of life. If you never played, maybe give omegaGo a try – it contains useful resources and will help you on your way, maybe you will the game to your liking!
ONLINE PLAY: You may play on the server of your choice – either Pandanet (IGS) or KGS. Use the same clean interface for both servers. You may even play a game on both servers at the same time, if you feel strong enough!
SGF EDITOR: Open and edit SGF files, and save your games as SGF files.
QUESTS: Earn points for winning games and completing quests, and advance through the ranks in our single-player experience!
OTHER FUNCTIONS: Other features such as the tutorial, the encyclopedia, the analyze mode, or tsumego puzzles await you in omegaGo.
The game is programmed in C# for the Universal Windows Platform (UWP). It works only on Windows 10.
I worked on this game as part of a team of four teammates, all programmers, as a school project for my master’s program.
The game was created at the age of 24, in 2017.
- Play Go/Weiqi/Baduk against an AI or other players
- AI with configurable difficulty (Fuego engine)
- Play online on Pandanet-IGS and KGS
- Plan moves ahead with Analyze mode
- Play hotseat against a player on the same device
- Solve tsumego puzzles (life-and-death problems)
- Tutorial and an extensive encyclopedia
- Earn points and complete quests
- View and edit SGF files